Sunday, December 18, 2005

Daniel in Ipoh




I saw Daniel in Ipoh Parade last night. There are not as many people as I expected. It seems that I’ve overrated Daniel all the while. He still has a long long way to go; hopefully he will succeed one day.

The organizer spoiled the night. Daniel was almost half an hour late. When he arrives, the organizer does not allow him to go on the stage immediately. In fact, they set a lot of rules. We are not allowed to video tape the whole autograph session, we are not allowed to snap Daniel’s photo on the stage, Daniel would not take photo with any fans, Daniel will not sign on posters, photos and any other things than his album, Daniel will not write down the fans name and any other words……Damn! Why are they so many rules? The last time I saw Jolin in Sunway, the organisor didn’t mention anything before bringing Jolin on stage! Right now the event has started late and they are still delaying it! I personally feel that the organisor is overprotecting their artists. I’m sure that Daniel would happily take photo and write down the fans name if being requested.

When Daniel is brought on stage, the mic is not functioning. Why could this be happening? Daniel was immediately given another mic. He only sang a mere three songs and was immediately brought to the back stage without any interaction with the fans. Everything didn’t turn out as I imagined. I was totally disappointed with the organizer’s way of handling things.

When Daniel was singing, I saw a funny scene. A lady hugging her small kid was squeezing out of the crowd and told her husband. (shaking her head) “mou yeh tai”(nothing to see) Her husband responded. “Mai hai, mar hau sang chai yat kor~” (yealar, just a teenager what!) I smiled to the lady when she said this and she look back at me smiling.

Anyway, Daniel’s performance is good that night. He tried his best to talk to the fans in between songs and praising the fans by saying “Ipoh fans are very warm” My little heart whispered “Every artist is the same, when they go XXX, they will say XXX fans are very warm” Perhaps it’s time to think of a more creative way to praise fans. After singing all three songs, Daniel was trying to say something to the fans when he was immediately instructed by the organizer to go to the back stage.

I left Ipoh and went back Teluk Intan after that. Worst still, I crashed into a Pajero on the way back. Luckily it’s a small case. However it is a big blow to me as I was very proud of my driving skill all the while. Worst comes to "worst-est", I wasn’t driving my old Wira but my parents new car! Shit! Why all bad things usually happens one after another?

p/s : Don’t worry, I’ll still remain Daniel fans despite everything happened. Nothing to do with Daniel, it’s the organizer!

Labels: