Friday, November 11, 2005

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

I went Times Square to meet up a friend yesterday. However he had things to do and could not turn up. Since it was raining I couldn't go home. I therefore decided to watch a movie. Initially I wanted to watch "Chicken Little" as I like the theme song of this movie. However I ended up watching "The Exorcism of Emily Rose"


It is a great movie. It started with the dead of Emily Rose after the Exorcism by a priest. The priest was brought to a trial being accused for negligence. Then all the flashback during the Exorcism is played. I considered my self as brave as there is not much movie that can frighten me. However there are some scenes in this movie that really scare me off! Besides that the script writer should be given credit as the dialogue in the court is very interesting.

I would not classify this as a horror movie, instead I would classify this as a religous movie. This movie made us wonder the existence of god and demon. Either these things exist or they do not exist. Whether is Emily mentally ill or is this a demonic possession. I personnaly like the conclusion by the defendant. She concluded that this case is not about facts. The fact that Emily is mentally ill. As facts leave people with no space to ponder. Its about possibilities. Whether is it possible that Emily is possesed by demon.

This is a real incident happened. I would not tell you the ending here. If you are an atheist and you believe in all scientific proven facts but not god(like me). This is a must watch movie. It's highly recommended by me. Of course, if you are a timid person, get a friend along to watch this movie and watch it during a daytime!

Labels: