Friday, November 04, 2005

My laptop crashed!

Damn! It's my laptop! I thought my laptop was functioning perfectly all the while. It was until this afternoon that I realised something's going wrong with my laptop. When I was working offline, suddenly the whole screen turn blue and some words appear! I managed to see this few words - "physical memory dump" and my laptop restarts automatically. Actually it's not totally correct to say that it restarts, since my computer have a scan before it loads windows.. This means that it was not properly shut down.

I told my friend this, he said that auto-restart usually means there's problem with the hardware or there's conflict between the operating system and some software installed. He asked me to get my laptop to the dealer while it is still under warranty. Right now I could not afford to lose a single file in my laptop since I've a lot of unfinished assignments and important articles in my laptop! I've lost important data twice! I just could not imagine this happening again! Anyway, I'll try getting my laptop formatted after this semester ends. Its running slower and slower. Maybe I might upgrade my memory at the same time and swap my hard disk with my portable hard disk. It will be perfect for me then!

Have to bear with it for the time being, hope that it wont be giving me much problem for the next few weeks. I still have quite a number of assignments to hand in and I can't imagine working without my laptop. I'll pray hard that everything works well. Please pray for me as well!

Labels: