Monday, January 16, 2006

My weekend

I've a fantastic weekend. I woke up quite late during saturday. Can't recall the exact time. I just remembered that i slept quite late friday night. Then I have replacement class for last Tuesday public holiday. At first, I planned to go to Mayday's concert with my friend after class. But a heavy rain poured made me change my mind. (i haven't bought any ticket at that time, just planned to go there to try get some cheap ticket last minute!)

I received another called from my friend. He wants to meet me up in One Utama. So I drove to PJ. Traffic was quite smooth though it's raining. When I reached One U, I was damn lucky to get an empty parking space easily. I used to go round and round failing to get a parking space when I go there in the past! When I walked into the shopping mall, I called my brother and tell him I'll go find him later at night. When i was talking to my brother(on the phone), I saw a fammiliar figure walked past me. It was Paul Most(hope i got his name correct). I was excited. I immediately hang up the phone. I approached him and took a photo with him. He was quite friendly and doesn't look like the usual impression I got from TV! I still remembered the last critics he made during Malaysian Idol 2. It was about the camera man. He was angry cos the camera man made a long shot at Daniel when they was supposed to shoot Daniel at a short distant to creat an intimate feeling. Anyway, Daniel won despite a long shot by the camera man!



When I reached ground floor, there was some events going on. It's 8TV's "birthday's party". No wonder Paul Most was there!


Before I left for Setapak, I called up my friend and asked him to call me when Mayday sings the song "Yong Bao"(embrace). Yeah~that's my favorite song! When i reached setapak, it's 9.30pm. MU was 2 goals behind MC. A good result for me as a 100% Liverpool supporter. My hapiness doubled when Liverpool defeated Totenham by a goal. This means that Liverpool is only a point behind MU despite playing 2 game less. Should Liverpool win MU this Saturday, We will be at the second spot!

I stayed overnight at my brother's place. The next day I went KLCC. My brother is having exam this Wednesday so he stayed at home and do some last minute preparation. I went into "My news.com" when i first arrived in KLCC. I accidentally found out that a magazine is giving out "Memoirs of geisha" premier ticket. I asked the cashier is there any ticket left. He told me I was lucky. There is a last set of ticket left. He also said that there was a customer who tried to claim those ticket just now. However the customer lost the receipt so he didn't give the customer the tickets. It seems to be my day! Everything turns out to favour me! I used to be the one who lost the receipt, but now I'm the one who succeeded to redeem the tickets!

I went home in the evening. Reached Sungai Long at around 9 something. When I reached home, I checked the mail box. There's a letter for me! It's from Sinchew! I immediately sensed some smell of cash! I knew that it's because of the article that is published in Sinchew a few months ago. My friend told me that I'll easily get a hundred dollars for that article. However when i opened the envelope I was a little shock! It was only RM25.60 Not even enough for me to buy a month of newspaper. Anyway, I'm not for the money when i wrote that article. I was fortunate enough to get my article published. Here's something interesting to take note of.

Date my article was published - 11 October 2005
Date this article voucher was issued - 17 December 2005
Date I received this voucher - 15 January 2006
(an "efficient" job from Sinchew right?)


Right now, I'll need to prepare for the presentation for Performance Mangament. I haven't done the powerpoint slides. I should be preparing it during the weekends but I ended up hanging out. Will rush to KLCC for "Memoirs Of Geisha" after my presentation! My last classs today is 6.30 to 8pm, movie starts at 9pm. Hope that traffic is smooth. I'll proably leave the class earlier, see how thing goes later!

Labels: