Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Some updates from me

I had been playing Football Manager 2006 for the past few days. Totally do not have any time for other activities except sleep. It is now year 2015 in the game and the only “original” Liverpool players in my squad are Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso. I had won 10 consecutive Champions League for Liverpool and right now I’ve lost some motivation to continue the game. After all, most of the “real” players like Ronaldinho, Micheal Owen and Thiery Henry had retired. I’m now virtually playing with all those “fake” players which are created. I’m now looking forward to playing Football Manager 2007 which I believe will be out very soon.

Last week, I went back my hometown for a few days. I did a couple of things. I registered as a legal voter and cut my hair. Most of my friends are eligible to vote in the next General Election as they are born in the same year as I am - 1985. If you are reading this and haven’t registered as a voter, please do so by exercising your right as a citizen. Registration is carried out in all Post offices throughout the year. If I’m not mistaken, after you register, it will take 6 months for you to be listed in the voters list. If you do not wish to miss the next GE, you better act fast.

Talking about the next General Election, there are 3 dates that we should take note – Aug 2007, Apr 2008 and Mar 2009. Some parties are suggesting that Pak Lah might dissolve the parliament next year as it is Malaysia’s 50th National day. He would then take advantage of the voters’ patriotism to get another clean sweep in the GE. If Pak Lah were to dissolve the Parliament just after our 50th National day, this term would be the shortest ever ruling term by our government. April 2008 is another significant date as after this date, Anwar Ibrahim would be able to be active in politics. This means that he will take over the presidency of Keadilan and will be able to contest in the Parliamentary Seat which I believe will be Permatang Pauh. If Pak Lah would like to diminish the “Anwar factor” in the next GE, he will definitely dissolve the Parliament before this date. March 2009 is the latest date Pak Lah would be allowed to dissolve the parliament. He would not be allowed to dissolve parliament any later than this date as our last GE is in March 2004.

During the same morning where I went to the post office, I went to the Immigration department as my friend needed to update his passport. I saw this poster hanging on the wall.



You think they can achieve the target? No comment from me. Oh yes, before we went to the Immigration department, my friend did take a photo as he doesn’t have any of his latest photo. So we had our breakfast, took a photo in the photo studio, went to the post office - register as a voter and went to the Immigration department to update his passport. We did everything in just one morning. This is the wonder of living in a small place like Teluk Intan. Every place is just within reach in a few minutes. In Klang valley, it’s almost impossible to do so many things in just a morning. I remember two years ago when I went to Pusat Bandar Damansara to make a passport; it took me almost a day!

I get my hair cut another afternoon. I had been tiring of combing and gelling my hair so I decided to cut a baldhead. The last time I’ve been botak is when I was in form 4. My discipline teacher cut the hair for me as my hair is too long. He even collected 1 dollar from each of us(all the students that been caught keeping/dying long hair) after the hair cut. That’s the cheapest haircut I’ve ever paid for. After all it’s a very unprofessional haircut from my discipline teacher. This is how I look after the professional haircut from an Indian Barber last week.



I guess none of my groupmates will see me in such short hair as when school starts, my hair will grow long again.

Labels: