Sunday, July 30, 2006

Tax assignment and Cash Flow Statement

I had wanted to finish my tax assignment and catch up a bit in my studies during this weekend as final exam is just around the corner.

During Friday night, when I was still figuring how to do my tax assignment, I received a call from my old friend. He said that he is in KL. He asked whether I wanted to go Bukit Jalil for the “Pesta Tanglung”. Initially, I was quite reluctant to go as one of my friends who had been there told me there’s nothing much to see. But my old friend said that there are a few secondary classmates joining them. If I don’t turn up, I will need to wait for some time to hang out them. I have no choice but to meet up with them.

Though Bukit Jalil is nearby, I had never been there. Theoretically, I know how to go there; practically I do not know the way there. Therefore, I just try my luck. Even if I don’t go on Friday, sooner or later I have to drive there as I’m going for David Tao’s concert in October.
When I was on my way there, I saw an accident just in front of South City Plaza.



After parking my car, I bought the ticket and meet them inside the fair. The “Pesta Tanglung” is just beside the stadium. They are altogether 6 of them. Two are from NUS, one from LimKokWing, one from IMU and another from UPM. I had not been seeing them for years. When we started chatting, I realized that most of us still remain the same. Same at the sense of, the way we joke, the way we speak and the way we crap.

Of all the Lanterns, I love this dragon the most. It is made using plates, spoons and other kitchen utensils.



This is the world’s smallest Qur-an



I went home quite early at around 12am as I need to wake up early the next morning.
On Saturday, I had earlier planned to go Klang with my friends. There’s a ship, MV Doulus in Port Klang. There’s also a bookfair on the ship. My friend told me that this ship comes to Port Klang once every four year. Therefore income derived from the ship is exempted from income tax as it is a casual call.



There is this one book that really caught my attention.



If you observed well enough, you will realize that “units” are used instead of “RM” on the price tag. I guess this is for the convenience of the seller. When the ship sails to another country, they do not need to change a new price tag. All they need to do is just change the currency equivalent to one “Unit”. In Malaysia, 100 Units is equal to RM8. Therefore that book is RM24.

This is list of Fireman on the ship.


See anything familiar? Haha, Jalur Gemilang is there, there’s a Malaysian fireman on the ship.

I came back in the evening. Was very tired as I was out for the whole day. I watched Astro Talent Quest 2006 before I slept until Sunday afternoon. It’s another day that I totally didn’t touch my textbooks.

Today, after my lunch, I started doing AAP - cash flow statement. When I was half way, my friend called. It’s entertainment club’s treasurer. He told me that he is working on entertainment’s club theme song. He asked me to go over and give him a helping hand. We changed the lyrics of Andy Lau’s “Kick Out A Future”(ti chu ge wei lai) - Shaolin soccer’s theme song. Now the lyric is done. We are now searching for the Karaoke version of this song as we are going to sing it with a different lyric. Hopefully I can get it done by this week. Besides that, Entertainment club will be shooting a second video clip on Tuesday. If everything goes as planned, you would be able to watch it by Wednesday.

My tax assignment and Cash Flow statement? Let’s not mentioned it, it’s not done yet.

Labels: