Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sponsors

I went mid valley yesterday. Though I go Mid Valley quite often, this time I went for a different “mission”- I need to secure sponsors for the roadshow.

Initially I thought I could straight away walk in and talk to the boss or person in charge about the sponsorship. But the first few shops we went in, we were given the HQ telephone number. The staffs said that only the HQ would deal with those sponsorship things.

One thing that gets me mad is this watch making company. I am not going to reveal the company’s name. What I could say is that you could just add the letter "s" in front of the products this company is producing/selling and you will get the company's name. When we called the marketing manager, she said that “We usually would not associate our brand with any local movie, plus your movie is already done. If your movie is still half way, we can ask you to shoot our shop.” When I heard this, I started scolding bad words. I swear that I wouldn’t wear this company’s watch ever in my life. Jia Hao said that this brand is very “Ba4 Bai1” one.

When we was just about to leave, Jia Hao saw someone familiar. When Jia Hao told me this, we were already far away, so we just went back.

P/S : I got a contest form to shoot a 30 second video clip using mobile phone yesterday morning. This contest is organized by The Star. Since shooting the Pepsi ad, I’ve been dreaming of becoming a director, perhaps I need to start with this 30 seconds video clip, huh?

Labels: