Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Maxis service interruption

Yesterday morning, i was waken up by my brother. He was so excited and told me that maxis is giving out unlimited sms(maxis to maxis) for one day to prepaid customers by charging them only RM1. Since then i have been receiving lotsa lotsa sms-es from my friend about this promotion.

It was quite disturbing especially when you are a postpaid customer and you see others just simply sms as if it was free! Anyway, I'm still addicted to EMO right now and i sms lesser compared to the "olden" days.

Yesterday, at around 7pm my brother told me that he couldn't send any sms. A failure message popped back. Initially i thought he was joking. It was until I kept disconnecting from EMO only i realised that something's went wrong with maxis service.

A friend in EMO told me that sms get 'stuck' easily. Especially during peak season(like new year) where everyone SMS. Text get lost or not delivered when it said it's delivered. She added that if the weather is bad and it affects the telco 'poles' then all services would be affected.

I guess the promotion maxis had yesterday is the main cause of this problem. I tried to phone maxis customer line to enquire about the situation but all lines are occupied(I'm pissed off). It seems that maxis is having a very serious problem. It was until 11pm that i reached their customer service line. The operator kept apologized for the service interruption (I swear, i din sound "fierce"). He said that all services(including sms, gprs and phone calls) in part of Penang and Southern Perak is affected due to the bad weather and the maxis IT Team is working on it.

Maxis stil have a lot to do to improve their telecommunication service. Their 3G coverage is very very limited. Not to mention the unstable GPRS. Phone lines also get interrupted when you hang on the line for some time. However, I have to admit that their customer service is still the best.

I've been hesitating to change over other telco for the past few months. ;p Right now, i think i'm staying with maxis until i discover a better plan.

Labels: