Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Exam craze

Exam - day one
UBAM2024 Performance Management

When I first got the paper in my hand. I quickly flipped through the whole paper and have a glance at the questions.

Problems in MACS - dunno how to do, meaning of performance measure - forgot the definition, 3 ways to improve CS-ratio - dunno what the heck is that.

DIE!!!

I tried to calm myself down and try to solve the question that i can answer. Magically, I could reconcile the budgeted profit and actual profit in the first question. This could be regarded as one of the wonders that happened on the exam day as i have never reconciled my profit correctly.

When i finish everything i know, i get back to those questions that i was stuck and crap some "rubbish" on the paper.

When i came out from the exam hall i was content with the exam until my friend ask my answer in the first question.

"wei, you can reconcile the profit in first question arr??"
"can....sure can, why cannot??"*confident
"what is ur answer??"
"XXX.XX"
"huh?you sure or not?? why my answer is different from yours??"

Damn it! there's a variance between my answer and my friend's answer. Worst still, this variance is an unfavorable variance since my friend is one of utar's top student. Therefore his answer=standard answer.


actual variance = my answer - standard answer
= my answer - his answer


* not a good start for my first exam day - bad


Day two
UBAF2034 Audit Practice

14 hours before the exam, i received an sms from my friend

"Audit is not meant for human to study. The scope is so wide, how could we finish study? What topic are you focusing? Tell me and i'll follow you or else i will lose my own direction"

This shows that how stressed we are studying this subject!

Again, when the invigilator announce, "students, you could now have a look at the question papers but please do not start writing"

With the fastest speed, i have a glance at all the questions.

5 benefits of corporate governance - yesterday night just studied, advantages of outsourcing - easy job, legal liabilities - included in the tips given, types of CAAT - at my fingertips

Remaining questions, all dunno how to do!

I'm dead for the second time!

After the exam, when i walked out of the exam hall, i could sense that most of the students have a (sour+angry+bitter+frurstrated) face (as if that "something" is going to happen to the lecturer's car!)

If the statistic report shows that more than 80% of the students fail this subject, i hope that the dean would appoint an external auditor to audit the statistic report. As the internal auditors lack independence. Hopefully, if this is the case(80% failure rate), a qualified report will be issued!

* two straight bad days for my exam week


Day three
UBFF2013 BUSINESS FINANCE

I guess this is the most confident subject for me this semester. I like figures and calculations. There are not much thing to memorize and therefore i was quite relax when i entered the exam hall.

When i finished this paper i was quite happy with the answers i submitted. Though there are some dispute with my friends answer I dun think i will get a worse result compared to Audit Practice. Until now, I'm still rather confident in my answers. I think i will need to wait until the released of results to prove me correct!

* I got a parking summons just after the exam - another bad day!


Day four- final day
UBAT2014 Taxation

I need to score 90 marks in the final exam to secure an A in this subject. It's due to my poor coursework mark. It's like Mission Impossible IV (Mission Impossible III is coming soon in the theaters)

Before i entered the exam hall i tried to encourage myself "Liverpool could overturn a 3-goal deficit against the great AC Milan in the champions league final. You could do the same thing as what Liverpool have done! The blood flowing through your vein is no different from the blood flowing through Steven Gerrard's(Liverpool's captain) vein!"

I can answer the first compulsory question(corporate tax) and one of the optional question(personal taxation) without facing much problem. I was later put in a dilema. I am required to answer one more optional question. The first question, i totally dunno how to answer the self assessment part(8 marks). The second question, i'm not very sure about the capital allowance(16 marks)

There are some parts in both questions that i couldn't answer. Therefore i opt to minimise my loss of marks. If i answered the first question, all 8 marks will be gone. therefore i chose the second question. It is indeed a tough desision to make. It's like when you are confronted by a gangster with a parang in his right hand and a baseball club in his left hand. And you tell the gangster, "Hit me with your baseball club!

After the exam, I realised that it is unrealistic for me to target an A in this subject as i still need to allocate some marks for "provision for silly mistakes". Therefore i should be satisfied with a B or B+.

* A bad ending for my exam!


Conclusion for my whole exam week

Day 1 * Day 2 * Day 3 * Day 4
= Bad * Bad * Bad * Bad
= Good * Good
= Good

assumption
"Bad" = negative, Good = positive
negative * negative = positive


Yeah, It's good to have holiday right now!!!

Labels: ,