Thursday, April 27, 2006

Apple Mac OS X

After talking, planning, hoping, and wishing to format my laptop for years, at last i get my laptop formatted last night. Actually formatting a pc isn't that difficult. The troublesome part is to install all the software and update the windows security and virus definition. I spent almost one whole day to finalize everything. I have been living a super-abnormal life since i finish my exam(busy surfing net and formatting pc). I slept only 7 hours for 2 days. My friend laughed at me and said I wasn't even so "hardworking" during exam preparation.

I started formating my laptop on Tuesday night straight until Wednesday morning. I was busy installing all the software and updating it. When i was downloading software, i somehow get to a website that provides user with MAC OS X interface using windows. Out of curiosity i downloaded the application file and installed it. Have a look at my laptop now....











It's great isn't it? I supposed it's some kind of "skin" created by some genius programmer. Anyway, if you wish to install this program i advise you to have at least 512 MB of memory. My laptop is currently 512M RAM but it's still lagging due to the MAC OS X interface. I'm now very fond of apple softwares(and of course apple products!). I use iTunes instead of Windows Media Player. I also use QuickTime Player to play videos. The interface is just simple and clean. I found out that the latest software is not the best. For example, Chinese Star 2004 is definitely better than Chinese Star XP as it has less problem. I also prefer MSN 7.0 over 7.5 version. If you have tried to disable the MSN 7.5 in the startup item, you will realise that whenever you start MSN 7.5, it will automatically appears in the startup item again. I hate to have a long list of startup item. Bill gates is just simply too smart by adding some source code in the software. I also use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE. Do i sound anti-Microsoft? I dunno, but those are the softwares i prefer.

I learnt a lesson from my previous experience that never packed your pc with unwanted software as you will severely slow it down. Therefore i only installed software that i'll use frequently. After installing all the basic software like RealPlayer, Winamp, Mozilla Firefox, and some spyware, I found out that 10G of my C drive is used up. I have only around 15G left. My laptop is actually 40G but i partitioned it into two drive, 25G in C drive and the remaining in D drive. I think i would need to shift some of my favorite video clip in D drive to my portable harddisk to free some space up.

I also get FIFA 06 installed in my laptop. My FIFA skills have been blunt and rusty due to the long exam week. I lost a five consecutive match to my friend that was unable to match me at one time. I will need to practise a lot during this holiday. Hopefully when the new semester starts, i'll be the "FIFA king" once again. Right now the game is lagging everytime i play. I'm going to upgrade my memory to 1.25G within these few days. To regain my reputation, i have to do so. ;P My laptop is currently running on a double 256M memory. I'll replace one of the slot with a 1G RAM. By that time, i can play FIFA and need for spped and check my stock at the same time without lagging.

Last but not least, I'll paint my laptop white this holiday so that it will look like an apple Mac BookPro!

Labels: