Saturday, October 29, 2005

Berjaya Times Square Hotel?

Have you ever heard about Berjaya Times Square Hotel? I just heard about it a few days ago from my sis. I’ve been to Times Square quite a number of times however I didn’t know that there is a hotel there. My sis will be staying in Times Square Hotel for these 9 days in Malaysia.

In the afternoon, I’d my marketing mid-term test. After that I continued my lecture. I was very very tired at that time since I have left home since early in the morning. However I managed to pay attention when the Marketing lecturer said she’s from Teluk Intan(her hometown). It’s 4.45pm when the lecture ends. Initially I wanted to ask my lecturer some questions, however I decided to leave since I am rushing for time. I’m going to meet sis at 6pm!

It’s been quite a long time since the last time I drove to city centre. However it took me just 45 minutes to reach Times Square. On my way there, I saw some police “negotiating” beside the road near Medan Imbi.

When I reached there, I immediately went to the information counter and asked them the direction to the Times Square Hotel. I took the lift to 14th floor to the Hotel’s lobby. Damn! It was so grand! I’ve been to Times Square so many times but I didn’t know that there’s such a Hotel here!

I can see lots of guards there with their walkie-talkie. The cleaner gave me a smile. Even the guards shoe are shiny than mine. I'm so "paiseh". I simply took out a magazine and read at the sofa. The time is still early. After a while, I received a call. I thought it’s my sis. However it’s Jia Hao, my housemate. He told me that the results are out! He told me his results. I calculated for him, he got a GPA of 3.56, nearly got into the Dean List! He asked me to check my results. I said that why risk myself of checking the results? I could be very down due to my poor results last semester. However right now I could still be proud of my previous semester results.

After a while, my sis called. She said she’d been waiting for me at the lobby. However I could not see any sign of her. After having communicated, only I realized that she’s at the ground floor lobby, I'm at the 14th floor. I immediately went to the ground floor. I recognized sis at my first look. It’s not much difference from the photo she sent me! However she said that I look a little small(small at the sense of small kid not size!).

“Say me young still okie lar…small arr???oso first time heard ppl say me small!haha….”

After that we just walk around Times Squareand we snap quite a number of photos. However she need to go back hotel to have dinner at 7pm. Therefore not much time left. Somewhere around the theme park, we met one of the models who is coming for the competition. She’s just very pretty, it’s not only pretty, she just looks like an artist! Any girl with a decent look would look pretty when make up are piled on their faces. However there is no make up on her face yet she still looks so “shining”. You could immediately take notice of her in a big crowd. It’s not a normal pretty girl you see. It’s really different! Sis told me that she’s only 18 years old. However, she looks matured and also high. Sis said she’s 177cm(I thought she is higher than that!). Anyway she just looks like an artist – Liu Yi Fei. I wonder whether you heard of her before.

Sis told me that when she mix around with the models they are quite “okie”. Okie at the sense that they are friendly. However when they are dining, they smoke! It’s very true indeed, never judge a book by its cover. After a while, I received an sms from my classmate asking my results and saying that she’s very down because her results are bad. I managed to text a reply to her…

After that, it’s time for sis to go back her room to get ready for dinner. I followed her back to her room. She's staying at the 41st floor. It’s the first time for me to enter a five star hotel room. I’ve only been to a three star hotel. No doubt, it’s very comfortable inside! However what fascinates me was the scenery from the room. I’m having the city view from 41st floor! It’s beautiful!



I never expected pudu jail to look like this !

Just have a look and you will know how terrible is the traffic system in Kuala Lumpur!

After that, I said goodbye to sis. I went to ground floor and have a look around the hotel. Managed to snap this water fountain.

I immediately remember my classmate after I step out the hotel. I text another message to reassure her. I just walk around the shopping complex. The first shop I enter is the Sony retail shop. It seems that I’m not satisfied with my current laptop. Have been thinking of buying a Sony Vaio! It’s priced at more than RM7000! An amount that would definitely write me off to own a Sony Vaio.


Then, I entered a watch shop. The price tag immediately frighten me off! It’s more than RM10, 000 for an Omega watch. I have only forty over dollars in my wallet. However I dared myself and have a look in the shop. I look at the Guess watches. They are having promotion and have 10% off! Maybe Guess watch will be a more reasonable choice for me since it is price around RM400. After exchanging some words with the promoter, I left the shop. Of course I left the shop lar~~ How you expect me to buy since I have only forty over dollars left!


I was very hungry at that moment since I haven’t had my dinner. I was thinking of what to eat when I reached Borders.


Without a second thought I went in. Initially I wanted to go to second floor(DaJiang bookstore) where Chinese books are available. However I heard Eric Chong’s voice saying “Your Chinese is good enough, it’s time to improve on your English” Then something flash across my mind. “Agatha Christie” I’ve wanted to read her books. I get the help from the shop assistant. She’s also a fans of Agtha Christie. She recommended me this book – 4:50 from Paddington. However, I picked one of Agatha’s classic – “Murder on the Orient Express”

After that, I had my dinner with Agatha Christie on the Orient Express. I could not concentrate on the story, partly is because my language problem, partly is because I am SMS-ing with my classmate. We started SMS from 7pm (if I’m not mistaken) until 9pm when I get out from the Borders. We started SMS about the exam results to blogging….

When I walked out. I saw a stall selling remote control car. This car is so specially design that its tyre will protect its body. It can also rotate for 360 degrees. I was attracted to it! I wanted to get one to play with since it’s only RM60. yess...I admit that I'm childish! However I persuaded myself to walk away from that stall…


I’m very tired. I wanted to go home as soon as possible. I could not stay a second longer in the shopping complex as I fear that my legs would bring me to the ATM machine. When I was walking to the car park I saw this poster, yeahh….Andy Lau’s concert!

“nono….i told myself, you have no money right now….go back as soon as possible!”


On my way to the car park I saw this.


It seems that another Nike shop will be opening soon…

It’s 10pm when I drove out from Times Square. It’s drizzling. The rain became heavier when I reached Jaya Jusco Taman Maluri. It’s totally jam! Again I was caught in the traffic. It took me more than an hour to reach Sungai Long! It’s really a tiring day. I should be in bed right now, but I managed to get this posted before my sweet dream!

Labels: