Thursday, October 20, 2005

Loreal e-strat challenge

I went for a briefing for the Loreal e-strat challenge in my campus yesterday. There was two executives from Loreal Malaysia who turn up to give us the briefing. This is an international virtual business game where a team of three members act as the GM of Loreal and make business decisions.

It was indeed a very very challenging game and I'm up for it! The grand price is a 10 000 Euro trip to any place of your destination. Yess...I am dreaming! Haha.... This competition will last for three months(if we are not knocked out at the early of the competition). Since we are not competing directly against other competitors from other countries, i have faith in my team. In other words, all the participants are playing against computer. The team who get the best results against the computer will emerge as the winner. However if your team qualify for the finals, you will need to present your business plan to the Loreal top executive in Paris. Seems that I've been dreaming of Paris for the whole day after that briefing! According to them(executives from Loreal Malaysia), Malaysia(MMU students) nearly made their way to Paris last year by just losing 0.7 in SPI(share price index) to Singapore.


After the briefing, my teammate told me that there are 3 things we need to work on,

1. Command of english (aiks...this nonit say i early early oso knoe liao lar~~)
2. Grooming
3. Public Speaking

No doubt, my english is only "cukup makan" in UTAR. If you want me to go out there and speak, it's a big trouble for me! Gromming is also a nightmare for me since i do not care much of my appearance most of the time. I wear what i feel comfortable. Maybe it's time for a change. I've attented a Grooming workshop by a proffesional image consultant during my trip to Cameron Highlands with Accounting Society. I think I'll need to dig all the notes given during that workshop and study carefully! Something for you to laugh at, this is the feedback i gave during the talk. They adress me as an ACCA. Haha....it's just a beautiful mistake since i haven't even got a degree! As for public speaking, you knoe lar~~ I have stage fright! When i stand in front of the class, words will be stucked at my throat. How you expect me to be a good public speaker?? Somehow i didn't even score an "A" for "public speaking" during my foundation studies!

Apart from this international competition, we also took part in the "investment game". This is a competition organised by UTAR DSA(Department of Student Affairs). My friend told me that we might have to read some "International Finance" books to get some idea of the questions. What? International Finance arr?? This is year three subject wor.... now the "marketing" i oso cannot finish study u want me study "International Finance" meh?? But nevermind...... I'm going for it, I don't care if i fail my "marketing" this semester. Since we are competing with some year three students, we will have to double our effort to get at least something out of this "Investment game". I'm confident that if we put in enough effort we can beat the year three students. However, i'll always remind myself not to be overconfident.

Haih~~Seems that i'll be very very busy for this semester. Unexpected! I thought it'll be very relaxing since it's just a short semester. I'll need to reschedule all my plans. I'll have to spend my time very carefully as i could not afford to waste even a second. There's still a lot of work to be done!

Just before i was going to bed yesterday night, something flash across my mind!

"Jedz"

Yess....that's my team name i thought of. we need a team name for both the competition! How you pronounced that? I thought it was pronounced as "just". I immediately text a message to my friend. He said that "jets" or "jazz" will be better. Anyway, we will meet on Saturday and get everything finalized. Yes, I'm ready for that challenge!

What??Our team name sounds weird and funny?? Haha...actually "Jedz" comes from our names...

J - Jia Hao
Ed - Ed Khing
Z - Zhemin

Any other better suggestions for our team name?

Labels: