Friday, October 21, 2005

Now, my handphone!

Should have get this posted a few days ago. But then, time doesn't allow, many other incidents happened made me blog about other things...

If you had previously followed my Space, you might know that i was forced to format my portable hard disk due to crashing. Yess....i overload my hard disk and all my files are corrupted. It was indeed a pity for me to lose all my files. History repeats, it's my handphone's turn. I'm using a Nokia Symbian phone. I copy lots of video clips into my MMC card. This made my phone's memory low. In the end, I need to format my handphone. Actually there is around 50Mb of space free in my memory card when i checked with my laptop. However the handphone can only read 5Mb of free space.

Damn! Second time in my life, I've lost important data! All the messages in my handphones are gone. I've a total of nearly 1000 messages in my inbox, sent items and drafts. There are some messages that i drafted but haven't sent out! All the notes and important dates i saved in my phone are also gone. Luckily, the shop assistant managed to save my contacts. However my sim card can only save 250 contacts. When i got my phone back, i check my contacts(the only thing i was left with!). My last contact is Yat Ying. This means that all contacts that comes after Yat Ying are gone. I've lost their contacts. Friends like, Yee Hern, Yet Thing, Yook Yook, Yu Ping, Ze Bin, Zeng Kai, ......and the list goes on. If anyone of you just accidentally read this post, just contact me ok? Just text me a message.

Another thing i notice when i get back my phone was, I need to reset all the settings! Including the time and date, my personalize profile, and the MMS and GPRS settings. I'll just leave the 3G settings aside since there is no coverage in Sungai Long and i do not use it quite often. It was only yesterday when i noticed something freaky with my "silent" profile. I use to have vibration alert for my "silent" profile. However the default setting of the profile does not have vibration alert! No wonder i miss quite a number of SMS's and calls when i was in the library!

A piece of advice for you guys who are using Symbian phone. Always save your messaages in your memory card and do backup a copy of your phone memory in your memory card. Lastly, backup another copy of your memory card in your pc! That would be perfect then. Unless you are so Suay~ that your handphone, memory card and pc crashes at the same time!

Labels: