Sunday, July 29, 2007

Jeff Ooi joins DAP

It's official! When I read "DAP's next big catch" from Tony Pua's blog I wasn't really convinced that Jeff Ooi will join DAP. I thought it was mere speculations and rumours. Moreover, Jeff Ooi cheekily left in his blog "You think i have a cause to join them(DAP)" made me think that Jeff will remain a Gerakan member.

However I was proved wrong. It came out in the star today that The DAP is planning a “welcoming ceremony” on Tuesday to announce his crossover from blogosphere to party politics. Top party leaders as well as some of Jeff Ooi’s blogger friends will attend the ceremony. Sources also said that DAP has Jeff Ooi in mind for the Puchong parliamentary seat as well as the Kinrara state seat. And also check this out from merdekareview.

Right now, the bloggesphere is still quite calm(I would say). As I could not find any updates from Jeff Ooi's blog, Tony's blog, or even DAP site. I believe there will a lot of discussions regarding Jeff Ooi participation in politics starting soon. Let us see what happens next.

The next general election is just around the corner and we can be very sure that this will be the most anticipating general election with so many heavyweight political newbies. Yea, and that includes Victor Gu from MCA. lol.

Labels: