Saturday, July 14, 2007

I am going back to school!

Last Thursday was not a good day for me. Before i left client's office, i received the mail from Heather Browning that I am not offered a place for the MFE program. Of course, this was what I already expected, however I was still slightly disappointed for not getting into one of my dream Universities.

It only took me a day to get over it. As what my senior told me, this wasn't a bad thing after all. At least I know where my destiny is! Very true indeed, for the past 6 months my future was so uncertain that I myself do not know where will I end up - study or work? Which university or which company? This uncertainty was also one of the reasons I did not tell any of my friends that i am applying to UK Universities. In short they are not aware of my plan to further study. Now that I can tell all my friends that I will definitely go for LSE. I have just tender my resignation letter to the HR yesterday.

This morning, I got my statement of results from the examination department and the confirmation letter from Mr. Lai that I have completed my degree studies(due to the fact that I have not attended convo, UTAR can't give me a transcript nor degree cert - sounds stupid right? After all convocation is just a ceremony!)

Upon getting all the documents, I immediately posted the reply to LSE accepting their offer. They should receive my letter in a-week time. By then, my conditional status will change to unconditional on the net.

I feel good getting back to school, can't wait for the day to arrive. This two months in PwC was a sweet and great experience. I managed to get involved in a couple of activities - SNG outing in FRIM Kepong, IDG, KSP Night, and I might still play for the IAFG table tennis team next month(though I am resigning end of this month). SShhh~ don't tell anyone ya, especially those friends from EY, KPMG and Deloitte. lol!

Labels: