Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Conditional offer from LSE

I would say this offer did not really excite me. Since I was selected for the Oxford Interview, I realised that I stand a chance to get admitted into LSE. Therefore this offer is "partially " expected. Anyway I'm still delighted for getting this offer. At least i have something to back me up in case i fail the oxford interview. There's a "trend" in all my applications which I find interesting.

The first admission decision(in order) i received was from Cambridge, followed by Aston, Manchester, Oxford, Imperial and LSE. Interestingly the results were as below.

Cambridge University - MPhil in Finance (rejected)
Aston University - MSc in Accounting and Finance (conditional offer)
Manchester University - MSc in Finance (rejected)
Oxford University - MSc in Financial Economics (shortlisted for interview) - regardless the final decision, i regard the application to Oxford as "successful"
Imperial College - MSc in Finance (rejected)
LSE - MSc in Accounting and Finance (conditional offer)

The results come in alternately - not successful(rejected) and successful(conditional offer)

And it's not just this. I chose my referees in pairs.
Cambridge University and Oxford University - reference letter by Miss Lim and Mr Ng
Manchester University and LSE - reference letter by Mr Vincent Tung and Mr Ben Yap
Imperial College and Aston University - reference letter by Pn Rahizah and Mr Tuam

Found anything mystical? Yes, one conditional offer for one of the reference pairs!

Ok, need to continue my interview preparation now. Less than 48 hours before I'll have the most important telephone conversation in my life!!!

Labels: