Sunday, June 24, 2007

Oxford MFE interview

Got this confirmation mail from Lorraine Smith that my interview had been scheduled. And it's on my birthday! 5th July. Hopefully i could get lucky on that day. Actually i chose 3 dates that i'm available and they accidentally(or purposely? After all, they've got my DOB) scheduled the interview on my birthday. The shocking news of this mail is that - I need to call them; not them to call me! Anyway I'm fine with that. Since Maxis is still running the IDD 132 promotion. It's just 20 cents to UK fixed line per minute.

The moment I got this mail, I straight away "google" my interviewer's name - Dr Mirela Predescu and I got her profile here,

Mirela Predescu, University Lecturer in Finance, SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD UNIVERSITY
Mirela Predescu is a University Lecturer in Finance at the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. She is interested in both empirical and theoretical issues related to credit derivatives and corporate bond markets. Her work, partly joint with John Hull and Alan White, focuses on the pricing of credit derivatives and credit risk management, as well as on the relation between credit markets and other markets. Mirela holds a Ph.D. in Finance from Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto and an M.A. in Economics from the University of Toronto.

Since I could "google" her, I suppose she could do the same thing(google me). This will lead her to my blog. Therefore I shall refrain from blogging any further about the interview. Right now, it's time to prepare. No more entertainment and no more gym for me until my interview/birthday! lol.

Here's the email I received.



21 June 2007

Dear Zhemin

University of Oxford MFE Programme 2007-2008

I am pleased to inform you that I have now scheduled the date and time for your telephone interview, details of which are listed below. Please note that reimbursement cannot be made for any interview expenses incurred.

Faculty Interviewer: Dr Mirela Predescu

Date and time: 5 July 2007 at 10.10am BST
please note the time difference, BST is 1 hour ahead of GMT

Telephone number that you will call at the above date/time: +44 (0) 1865 288933

I would be grateful if you would reply and confirm that you will be able to participate in the phone interview. The interview should last approximately half an hour, and is likely to include technical questions. Please ensure you have allocated an appropriate place to conduct the telephone call.

In mean time, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best wishes

Lorraine C Smith
MFE Admissions
Said Business School
Park End Street
Oxford OX1 1HP

tel: +44(0) 1865 288871
fax: +44(0) 1865 288831

http://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/

Labels: