Saturday, November 11, 2006

Honeymoon is over!

Yes, honeymoon is over and now things are on a faster pace. I was relatively busy with assignments for last week. This week is even busier and the following weeks will be worse. Last week I passed up an assignment regarding Disneyland Paris and this week I have another assignment on capital punishment/death penalty on drug traffickers - a very dry and bored question. My housemate, Jia Hao got a very interesting question. It’s about the bumiputera and non-bumiputera issue. I wish I was in his group, then I could have plenty to write. This is a moral subject and the assignment is in Malay. This is my second Malay assignment in UTAR and hopefully this will also be my last assignment in my life.

I have big trouble when doing this assignment. All the while I thought my Malay should be better than my English. In fact in secondary school, my Malay is better! I still remember during secondary schools when I write English essays, I would ask my teachers the translation of some vocabulary from Malay to English. Now, it’s the other way round. I couldn’t even remember some basic Malay words and my whole assignments seem like an English assignment translated into Malay. When I ask Jia Hao some very simple words, he jokingly said, “Your Malay so poor, next time how to become MP?”

Now all my assignments are done. After all there are only two assignments since I’m taking only two subjects this semester. I was very free for this semester until last week when I started doing assignments as I haven’t attended a single lecture for this semester. Next week will be week six and I have an “Investment Game”. I’m currently preparing on it. Hopefully this time round I could make it to the final. After this game, I would be preparing for my finals. When all my friends are having holiday after the finals, I need to prepare for the GMAT test. I guess I will only have around one week holiday when my new semester starts, which is also my last semester. There’s not much time for me to waste, need to tune into study mood by now.

Labels: