Sunday, October 08, 2006

UK Education Fair

I went to the UK Education fair in KLCC Exhibition Centre yesterday. I got quite a lot of information and brochures. Initially I had wanted to find out more about the MBA programme. Most of the MBA requires work experience, especially those good MBA so I couldn’t take a MBA straight away. I might need to consider doing MA or Msc. The duration of the course is 12 months. The tuition fees for MA or Msc is around £10600 and the living expenses there for a year is roughly £7500. When we convert it to Malaysian Ringgit, that’s almost RM130 000. Unless I could secure a scholarship, it’ll be hard for me to further studies in UK. My parents expect me to get a job after I graduate. If I were to tell them I need another RM130 000 for studies, I can’t imagine how will they react.

There’s a couple of scholarship up to grab but it’s very competitive. Take the British Chevening scholarship for example. Last year they received almost 1000 applications, in the end only 28 are granted a scholarship. Most of the scholars have working experience so chances of a fresh graduate without working experience getting a scholarship is low. Now that I’m kinda “lost”. Last time I wanted to do ACCA, then after going to the ICAEW fair I said I wanna work while doing ICAEW. Now I make up my mind to take up a master. Now I’m at a crossroad, really need to take some time to make a good decision.

School starts tomorrow. The timetable is out. I need to wake up at 9.30am tomorrow for tutorial. It’s hard for a person who used to wake up in the afternoon like me. This is my timetable :

Monday 9.30-11am BM(T)
2-5pm PM(L)

Tue 12-2pm BM(L)

Thu 8-11am PM(L)
11-12.30pm BM(T)

Fri 8-10am BM(L)

I will most probably skip PM(it’s a LAN subject). This means that I only need to attend 7 hours of classes a week. On average it’s only one hour a day. If I failed to wake up on Friday morning, this means that I’ll attend only 5 hours of classes a week. This is the best timetable I’ve ever got!

Labels: