Saturday, July 08, 2006

Depressed

Have you ever seen a player failed to score a penalty when there is no goalkeeper in front of the goal? I fail to score one this morning.

I was taking my account mid term exam this morning. I walk in the exam hall confidently as I (feel that) was well prepared. However, when I was to pass up my answer script, I found out something fishy. I did a very stupid mistake – I calculated the pre-acquisition profit wrongly. This affects almost the whole consolidated Income Statement and Balance Sheet. When my pre-acq profit is wrong, my goodwill is wrong, then total impairment loss is wrong, so is my accumulated profit and loss, and the Minority interest. If there is one thing I hate about account, this is it. A small innocent mistake would lead to disaster, affecting the whole financial statement. Of course, I didn’t cry like the English players(losing to Portugal on penalties) after exam. My next exam is four days later, not four years later. However, I feel bad after exam, really really bad. I kept asking myself how I did such mistake.

This whole week certainly hasn’t been my week. I was kept busy with all the assignments, presentations, and preparing for mid-term test. I have virtually no time for leisure. I haven't finish reading some of the June issue magazines that i subscribed and now the July issue is out! In fact, I have to scarify some of my sleep to complete my assignment on time. Does England elimination from the world cup put me in a bad mood? I have no idea, maybe yes, maybe no. However I did have some sleepless night after England was knocked-out from the tournament.

After today’s exam, I think I will have to call off my plan to go Jalan Bukit Bintang for the world cup final tomorrow. I don’t want to utter any bad words after my taxation exam on Wednesday. I definitely need some motivation right now. Hopefully things will become better after I attend Prof. Yang’s lecture. I am looking forward to meeting him hoping that I get inspired by him.

Labels: