Thursday, June 22, 2006

World Cup Fever – 10 best reasons not to go to work/class

  1. I don’t know how does this happen, but someone switched my clock to the German time. When I wake up (according to my clock), it’s time to go to bed (Malaysian time).
  2. England make it to the second round, I thought we have public holiday? (Please lar, already merdeka for 49 years! You thought we still under Queen Elizabeth meh?
  3. Argentina Football Association promised their players an incentive of USD 5000 for every goal scored. After the match against Serbia and Montenegro, I was calculating how much tax that is payable to the Argentina Government. Argentina scored 6 goals, which make the tax computation complicated. Worst still, the foreign exchange rate is changing every second.
  4. This morning when I was on my way to office/school, I saw two small kids playing football with Michael Ballack, Djibril Cisse, Oliver Kahn, Frank Lampard, David Beckham, Zinede Zidane and even Beckenbaur. I stopped down and watched the match. After the match ended only I realized that it’s an ad from Adidas. (Which stupid fella put a TV in the middle of a football field?)
  5. Peter Crouch can’t score against T&T in the first half. During half time, I had a video conversation with him and taught him how to score a header. I need some good rest after coaching.
  6. Yesterday night was damn hot; I was sweating and couldn’t sleep. (Perhaps the weather in Germany had “arrived” here!)
  7. There’s a scratch on my TV screen and I called a technician to repair it. He came to my house at 3am and I had to entertain him. I look at the technician (not the TV) for two hours to make sure he does the work. He said he can’t repair with the TV off, so I switch on the TV.
  8. Serbia and Montenegro is going to split into two different countries. This morning, I woke up at 6am to de-consolidate their financial statements. When I’m done, it’s lunch time.
  9. My phone kept ringing from 12am till 7am which kept me awake the whole night. I really need a sleep after that! (Maxis punya pasal lar, give 50% discount for what!)
  10. Return from share market is 7-8%; FD is 4.5%. Even EPF only gives out 5% dividend. But in world cup, the ROI is 90-100% (depends on bookie). Of course some get negative returns (because high risk; high return mar). I’m a risk taker, so I choose world cup.

Labels: