Monday, June 05, 2006

Great weekend

It's a weekend full of happenings. I woke up at 10am. It's quite a bad timing as I have an appointment at 11.10am. I am going over to Sunway University College to have a briefing about The Apprentice Challenge. I quickly wash up and get into my car.

I got stucked in the traffic when I was in Sungai Besi. Initially i thought that the traffic was due to the king's birthday(KL people got so patriotic one meh? all come out celebrate??). I found out later that the culprit was actually a car that broke down beside the highway. I phoned the person in charge and told her that I might be late. When I reach LDP from the PJ direction, I kept to the right(as usual). There was once a place at the divider for cars to make a U-turn to Sunway. However it was closed down. I'm not sure when it was closed down as it was a long long time since i last came to Sunway. Dammit! I have to pass the Sunway toll twice! There goes my 2 innocent dollars.

I get my car parked in the carpark in Sunway University College. They have an auto pay system and are charging 2 dollars per entry. A relatively cheap rate considering the location (Sunway Pyramid is nearby - charging RM3 for the first 4 hours) and it was a pulic holiday. Unlike the University in Sungai Long which charges RM1 "manually" (without any auto pay system). And there are plenty of free parking spaces around the commercial area. I still can't understand how did they justify the decision to collect parking fees. Worst still, the car park doesn't look like any usual car park with a row of food stall, some fruit stalls and a car wash area. It's some sort like a "rojak" car park.

I was almost 15 minutes late when I went into the room. There are two persons, Winny and Michael waiting to brief me about this contest. They are both from EVO pictures - a local film production company. I guess i will need to work closely with them for the next few months. Our first task is to promote a local horror movie - Nepheshseed. The movie is in both Mandarin and Cantonese. The chinese name of this movie is "Jing Ling" and Amber Chia is one of the celebrity starring in it. The team which suceed to create the most public awareness would win. As Jia Hao is still in the military camp in Jalan Ampang, I'm the only one attending this briefing. Michael told me that I could still add members to my team as long I haven't handed in the proposal. There are actually no hard and fast rule in this contest and it's all up to our creativity to promote the movie.

The briefing doesn't took me a long time - about half and hour. I went to Sunway Pyramid after I left Sunway University College. There are extension works in progress and lotsa security guards are assigned to direct the traffic. I had to drove my car up to the 9th floor(highest level) to get a parking space. I've no idea how many metres above sea level is at the 9th floor but I'm sure that it's the highest ever place my car had been! Another thing that kept disturbing me is the Touch and Go System. They are charging 10% on top of the parking fees in Sunway Pyramid. That means I have to pay RM3.30 and it doesn't make sense to me. As a Touch and Go user, I've paid the money in advance. If I lost my Touch and Go card, I could not recover anything and the company(Rangkaian Segar) would have earned an "extraordinary income"! Even if i used up all the balance in my touch and go card, the company still received the monies in advance and in Finance we learnt that a penny today is worth more than a penny tomorrow(time value of money).Therefore, no matter what, the company is still at an advantage.

I went over to my friend's house in ss2 after that. We're attending a birthday party of an old friend in Bangsar later in the evening. I got my hair cut before I went over to the birthday party. It was great to have met all my old friends. I know most of them since primary and it was a great night. At least it was, until one of my friends get drunk. It was a girl. She kept insisting that she was not drunk and she some sort like transformed into another person and kept talking nonsense. I was shocked as this is the first time I saw such a thing happened in front of my eyes(most of my friends are great drinkers). Before that, we were planning to have a second round until she ruined the whole plan.

Though not all of our friends turn up, we still enjoyed ourselves. It's really good to keep in touch with primary classmates as primary school life marks the sweetest memories in our life. Childhood mar~ no stress, no tension, everyday go school play, play and play...When we recalled back incidents that happened all these years, we couldn't stop laughing. My friend even took out some of our photos taken during our primary schooldays. And that was when everyone went crazy.

"Huh~ why last time i look like this one meh??"
"This is XXX meh?? Why now so pretty liao geh??"
"Who is this guy wor??Got such person in our class one meh??"

We left at around 2am. When we were on our way back, there was a gang of Indians "gathering" beside the road(Jalan Maroof) and police are there. There's also a car which its windscreen was smashed. I didn't stop down but drove away as I do not want to get involved in such incidents.

I reached home at 3am and immediately fall asleep as soon as my head get to the pillow.

Labels: